Friday, July 10, 2015

0

A few DIY projects for those who aren't very DIY...

I don't consider myself the most crafty person, however, I certainly enjoy DIY projects!  

Being a mother of a 3 year old boy, and preparing for my baby girl's arrival in just a few weeks, any planned crafts or tasks have to be short and sweet! I am either propping my swollen feet up, chasing my toddler all around the house, nesting in the nursery, spending time at my home away from home (my OB's office) or doing normal household chores, so extra time is very limited! However, being on a tight schedule, doesn't mean that you can't still complete a few do it yourself (DIY) projects!

I have always enjoyed arts and crafts, such as paintings (and by paintings, I mean doing those adorable finger paintings with my toddler), scrap booking, and attempting a few Pinterest tasks for my daughters nursery. I have said from the beginning that I wanted to create as many things for my daughter's nursery as my creativity and time allowed.

I recently made the decision to want to make my daughter bows, LOTS of bows! I bought the ribbon and quickly realized that no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I will never be able to make them look right, so I quickly gave up on that! I still had a desire for bows, and headbands with having my first girl!  

My lot of goodies from Hobby Lobby

After making a few trips to a few different stores, Hobby Lobby seemed to be the answer to my lack of bow making skills! They have pre-made flowers and bows, both individually or in packs, some which are already prepared for the clip to just be slide right through the back, they are ready to go! Others, you actually have to do a little bit of manual work, and break out that glue gun!  I was able to get a few packs of little bows, as well as two large packs of assorted flowers/bows, and both white and black ribbon covered clips.  
Project in the making!

While this task may seem a bit on the amateur side, it was the perfect amount of simplicity and achievement that I could get during my tight and busy schedule. 

While these may not be purely handmade, they are unique in the sense that you won't see them around as often as the large selection of bows from Target (that are always on sale 3 for $5, which I may or may not fall victim too!). 

A few of my favorites!
My son enjoyed watching me make them, as he got to pick which one we were going to make next. Then, as a grand finale, he decided to put them all in my hair, at once! Gotta love little boys!

I think he enjoyed this part the most! :)
I was quick to bounce into my next "DIY Express" project after quickly accomplishing this fun activity! I also purchased from Hobby Lobby, a pink onesie, and a white tshirt for my son and daughter, as well as iron on's featuring "Little Sister" and "Big Brother" images.  These will be featured in a photoshoot once I get home and settled with both children! I am very excited to fill that little pink onesie with a beautiful baby girl! 



You will certainly be seeing these bows and onesies again, I'm sure! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment